code homework please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonka_man

hey guys got a couple more questions on my homework i need help with.

#1. The minimum size THHN copper neutral conductor permitted for an 8 3/4 kW, 240V, 3 wire household electric range is...
A. 12AWG B. 10AWG
C. 8AWG D. 6AWG

#2 interior stariway lighting outlets shall be controlled by a wall switch at each floor level where the difference between levels is _______ steps or more.

if you could just point me in the right dirrection it would be extremely helpfull we have been working for 4 hours on this work sheet and these are the only 2 we cant find.

480sparky

im not getting anything for answers or i would not have asked where the answers were. what do you meen how and why

We generally don't 'just answer' homework questions here.

But we will try to help you find the answer for yourself. This means you need to put forth some effort.

"How and why" means your answer is based on this code reference, or this calculation, etc.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
The most consistant lesson about using the Code is looking it up. The only way you learn is from doing it.

Once found, then the work of understanding it occurs next.

This exercise never ends.

Might as well continue looking now.

triplstep

Answers to both questions can be found in 210. Read all of parts II and III. (2005)

The reason for these types of questions is for you to read the NEC, and learn to find answers. It is not about memorizing the NEC, but rather, learning to navigate the NEC. Keep up the work, keep asking questions, you can learn just as the rest of us are. ;)

tonka_man

Tonka, you'll find the answer to #1 in Art's 220 and then 310, and to #2 in Art 210.

see thats what i was asking for just a general direction. we ended up finding them on our own, but thanks to those who actually helped me. i wasnt asking for the answer just a little direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.