Need Some Help, Web Site Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Kraemer

The official name of my company is RK Electrical Contractors or RK Electric for the short version.
rkelectric.com & rkelectric.net are already taken.
I need to keep the name short, sweet & simple, but also describes what I do, so it is easy to give customers over the phone or in person, my web address.
I was told by a couple of wise internet people to make sure I have a .com in the name, for search engines.
Any and all suggestions is appreciated.

Bob Kraemer

Thanks for the replys guys, good ideas. And John, you owe me a keyboard & monitor after spewing beer over them laughing @ your responce

e57

I have always felt that the shorter the better, (Learned hard way) althought that is hard to do these days of site sitting. I think one of these should surfice - get it before they're gone.... ;)

Congratulations, your domain is currently available!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,verdana][SIZE=-1]You have selected: rkelect.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,verdana][SIZE=-1]You have selected: rkec.info[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,verdana][SIZE=-1]You have selected: rk-ec.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,verdana][SIZE=-1]You have selected: rkec.biz[/SIZE][/FONT]

220/221

We had to go with the dash in the middle because some knucklehead bought the name before we went cyber in hopes of selling it. It's annoying telling clients to go to Econodashlightdotcom

nakulak

you guys specialize in dash lights ? I was looking for a light for my dash Bobble head of Coach Ditka - do you have any links you could point me to ?

e57

Thanks for the replys guys, good ideas. And John, you owe me a keyboard & monitor after spewing beer over them laughing @ your responce

BTW Bob.... (finish swallowing...) People used to pay big money for marketing ideas like web names and such. The way I see it you owe us at least a beer...

electrician_will_work_for_beer_tshirt-p235788066970243911tdf9_125.jpg

bigjohn67

Searching for Available Domains

Searching for Available Domains

Here is the problem and don't ask me how they do it.
When anyone is thinking about registering a domain, the first thing they do is search to see if it is available. Huge Mistake, there are programs (or something) that notifies people of searches. Bam! They snatch it up in hopes of selling it to you.
The best thing to do is to make a list and rate your choices, then go straight to registering it. Sites like GoDaddy will notify you if it is taken. Then proceed to you next choice if it is.
Never search to see if a domain is available. Chances are that it will be taken by one of these hacks if you do.
Its also a good idea to register a name, even if you do not intend to use it.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Here is the problem and don't ask me how they do it.
When anyone is thinking about registering a domain, the first thing they do is search to see if it is available. Huge Mistake, there are programs (or something) that notifies people of searches. Bam! They snatch it up in hopes of selling it to you.
The best thing to do is to make a list and rate your choices, then go straight to registering it. Sites like GoDaddy will notify you if it is taken. Then proceed to you next choice if it is.
Never search to see if a domain is available. Chances are that it will be taken by one of these hacks if you do.
Its also a good idea to register a name, even if you do not intend to use it.

Yeah those dang hacks. By the way Bob, I have a bunch of names that you might be interested in buying, theotherrkelectric.com, rk_electric.com...............:grin:

Mule

We made the mistake of making ours too long winded. It's always a hassle for customers to type too much IMO....

Mule

I faced the same problem, but found that .us was available.

Try it for your company

Thanks for the thought......

Our small busines is only a couple of years old. We have been blessed, as our client base is such that we're thinking of dropping all advertisements and internet presence, either next year or the year after, dont think we really need it now, just dont want to do something stupid as we all are watching the economy closely.

Just dont want to wind up become'n a business man, love my tool pouch, and my trade too much.....

Status
Not open for further replies.