just checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcerrin

yup.
Pros:
- Helps quite a bit in the slower times.
- I can go online and change my leads from remodels, service calls, generators or whatever leads I prefer to accept.
- I can choose the zip codes for incoming leads.
- I'd say I close about 80% of the leads I recieve from them, and the prices are reasonable.
- I can actually set a cap on the amount of money I want to spend on leads per month as well.
- I can put the account on hold when things get real busy.
- The feedback feature is great marketing.

Cons:

- You get some B.S. leads sometimes.
- Some customers using the service don't know the difference between a remodel and just changing some light fixtures. Obviously a "remodel" lead is more expensive than a " change light fixture" lead. I think they neeed to be more job specific.

- You

chris1971

Paying for leads

Paying for leads

I used to pay for leads but, I found the service to be a waste of money. The leads cost to much for the results I was getting.

bradleyelectric

I pay for every lead I get. I call it marketing. Test everything. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. It matters only if it works. I am better at closing from some sources than I am from others. Test and track your results. If it isn't working why not? Is it a source that isn't providing leads? Is it because the material submitted was pretty but not written to pull leads?

jrannis

The services are pretty useless here in South Florida. Last time I used them I just got people that told me I was the 5th person that called.
See how it works in your area and let us know.

ElectricianJeff

yup.
Pros:
- Helps quite a bit in the slower times.
- I can go online and change my leads from remodels, service calls, generators or whatever leads I prefer to accept.
- I can choose the zip codes for incoming leads.
- I'd say I close about 80% of the leads I recieve from them, and the prices are reasonable.
- I can actually set a cap on the amount of money I want to spend on leads per month as well.
- I can put the account on hold when things get real busy.
- The feedback feature is great marketing.

I would like to add that SM is pretty good about issuing credits on flakey leads.

I had one just this past weekend where a guy used the service to get my phone # when he lost my card. Turns out his son just bought a house which needs a bunch of work. $2,000+ job :grin:

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
In what way did it not work out?

I tried them as well. It didn't work out because #1, they couldn't manage to give me more than 3 leads over the course of a month. This was about 2 years ago.

When I did get a lead, one time it was for baseboard heat...forced hot water baseboard. Another time it was a lady who needed somebody there the very next day, which I couldn't do. A third time I was able to hang a light fixture for somebody, but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

All in all, I lost about $200 just for trying it. So, I didn't get hurt too bad, but I wouldn't mind having that $200 right now.

GUNNING

I'm not sure where to look for advertising or leeds anymore. Ive had a newspaper add in for about 5 years and I'm figuring out people don't read the paper anymore. Service Magic is not specific enough for electricians. The Internet is too broad a cast of the net. . There isn't a plan room here anymore that I know of and Bid Clerk is not local enough. There are Service companies but they forget to pay you. Best thing I think might be putting a card up on the big box stores bulletin board.

The economy stinks, needs more robust stimulus. Might change my name to Bank of Electrical.

satcom

I'm not sure where to look for advertising or leeds anymore. Ive had a newspaper add in for about 5 years and I'm figuring out people don't read the paper anymore. Service Magic is not specific enough for electricians. The Internet is too broad a cast of the net. . There isn't a plan room here anymore that I know of and Bid Clerk is not local enough. There are Service companies but they forget to pay you. Best thing I think might be putting a card up on the big box stores bulletin board.

The economy stinks, needs more robust stimulus. Might change my name to Bank of Electrical.

How is your Yellow Page Ad doing? that always does well in bad economic times, we found, the people with the money usually do not use the newspapers, they go to the Yellow pages, in good economic times any ad will usually produce some results, we try to attract the people with the ability to pay, and you usually don't find then from weekely news ad's or lead services, you need to invest some money in quality ad's to bring in the customers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.