05 j.w. exam part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky=t

question 21

A class 1 Div 1 location is one in which____________ .

a.) ignitable concentrations of flammable gases or vapors can exist under normal operating conditions.

b.) ignitable concentrations of such gases or vapors may exist frequently becuase of repair or maintenance operations or becuase of leakage.

c.) breakdown or faulty operation of equipment or processes might release ignitible concentrations of flammable gases or vapors, and might also cause simultaneous failure of electrical equipment.

d.) all of these

my answer is D. what am i missing?:confused:

peter

I would say that A is the correct answer. D would work but there is some extra garbage in it at the end of C about simultaneous failure of electrical equipment which has nothing to do with it.
It must be hard to write these electrical questions.
~Peter

nakulak

read article 500 carefully where it tells you how class 1 div 1 and class 1 div 2 are determined.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
500.5(B)(1) Class I, Division 1. A Class I, Division 1 location is a location
(1) In which ignitible concentrations of flammable gases, flammable liquid–produced vapors, or combustible liquid–produced vapors can exist under normal operating conditions, or
(2) In which ignitible concentrations of such flammable gases, flammable liquid–produced vapors, or combustible liquids above their flash points may exist frequently because of repair or maintenance operations or because of leakage, or
(3) In which breakdown or faulty operation of equipment or processes might release ignitible concentrations of flammable gases, flammable liquid–produced vapors, or combustible liquid–produced vapors and might also cause simultaneous failure of electrical equipment in such a way as to directly cause the electrical equipment to become a source of ignition.
D is the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.