X-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
The first chart lists the directly supported power sources and gives the operating characteristics of the machine for each.
The footnotes add several more indirectly supported sources, requiring an external boost transformer.
The second table gives power consumption from the source, assuming that the appropriate transformer is used. I do not see that as particularly confusing.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
They aux. boost transformer is an option usually provided by the xray manufacturer or the xray vendor/installer.

So if they provide the transformer, you know how much current it will draw, and what size breaker and wire to provide, etc.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I dont see a 208 rating anywhere, so a buck-boost is indeed required. There is a 480 volt rating, so if the building has 277/480 the buck boost can skipped.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
They aux. boost transformer is an option usually provided by the xray manufacturer or the xray vendor/installer.

So if they provide the transformer, you know how much current it will draw, and what size breaker and wire to provide, etc.

Bingo - thanks Steve.

And thanks all - I was wondering if I was dense or what, and seeing that my confusion was justified I asked for clarity. In my case, according to the customer, the vendor will connect everything on the load side of my disconnect, which will also include the appropriate transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.