Auto-start for woodworking machines and vacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

A while back we had discussed this - a relay set up to sense current on two poles then close a relay to start a vacuum.

A few ideas were bounced around - but someone had linked to a current sensing relay (to drive a two pole motor starter) - rather a few of them - and here I am looking to find one again....

Anyone else get asked about this from time to time - I've done it - it works - great.... But now I need to find the parts again....

e57

I think this is what I used before... But I like the ones Kevin linked to (complete with enclosure and stub to KO - nice...), but if I remember right there are some other din rail mounted ones???? Telemecanique I think.... But I think they stopped making them in the cost to performance variables I was looking at before... ?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have a plug in sensor that I purchased from Sears for about $15.00. Turn on the saw and the vac starts, the vac runs for a bit after the saw shuts off.

e57

Can you plug a 240 saw into it?

The last one was due to me describing what I did at my house, a panel with a sensor on one leg turning on a 1HP dust collector... That person told another person, and here I am again... The sensor I have been using works great, but the one I installed at this other guys place - the dude has a tendancey to expect it to work on both legs when he uses other equipment, and I'm looking to improve the design....

A plug in one would trip/not work (240) with the type of vac's and saws in question...

Status
Not open for further replies.