Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebgray76

I am installing a 100 amp sub panel to run coolers /pizza oven and I want to make sure sub will hold it 6 coolers deacated 20 amp each and they pull 17.5amps on startup pizza oven 50 amp and it pulls 39.5 on heat up plus some led lights and they pull 3.2 all together will the sub handle it

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Single Phase or 3 Phase sub panel, coolers 120v or 240 (208) ?

kwired

Electron manager
I am installing a 100 amp sub panel to run coolers /pizza oven and I want to make sure sub will hold it 6 coolers deacated 20 amp each and they pull 17.5amps on startup pizza oven 50 amp and it pulls 39.5 on heat up plus some led lights and they pull 3.2 all together will the sub handle it

What is running load of coolers? chances are peak current at start is more then 17.5, but only for few milliseconds. If 17.5 is the peak then they either have soft starting methods or are very small units. Assuming these are 120 volts, and maybe only draw 6-10 amps running.

Pizza oven pulling 39.5 amps - that is 9.8 kW @ 240 volts, 8.2 @ 208 volts, unless it is a huge oven it probably doesn't pull this for very long before cycling as needed to maintain temp. If it is a open style oven with product conveyor, maybe it has longer run times, and is more reasonable to be such high wattage.

Still guessing you will be fine on a single phase panel with 100 amp supply.

cadpoint

Are you sure that's all you need?

I've a friend that has said many a day it doesn't matter
what you put up it never seems enough for a restaurant, IJS...

Welcome to the Forum!

mikebgray76

This is going to be a grunge bar we don't own the building so we are stuck with what we have the other bar we own the building so I was able to put 2- 400 amp 42 ckt panel's then I put a 125 sub in kitchen to run all my shunt trip breakers

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
This is going to be a grunge bar we don't own the building so we are stuck with what we have the other bar we own the building so I was able to put 2- 400 amp 42 ckt panel's then I put a 125 sub in kitchen to run all my shunt trip breakers

Punctuation please--makes it easier to read

Status
Not open for further replies.