Proper Bonding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csoc64

Second time I have seen this for jobs that have passed inspections. I can't see how this disconnect enclosure is properly bonded. Only bonding is through the two bond bushings on either side of enclosure, with no connection to the enclosure itself. Does the connection of the raintite EMT connectors constitute a code compliant bond to the enclosure?

Attachments

• Disco.jpg
    Disco.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1

mwm1752

Does not appear to be service equipment -- less than 250 volts & within the context of 250.97? not easy to determine with just a picture -- is this for an equipment grd cond? more details needed What happening with grounded cond?

csoc64

Disconnect is for solar PV installation, which SOME AHJ's in this area (Mass) consider to be a service. This conductor runs through the AC production meter (not service meter), then to main service panel in residence and is being used as EGC. I guess what I am asking is should there be ground lug on the box itself to land EGC to.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
IMO, if this is on the inverter output to the solar meter and is 250v or less vtg the conduit could serve as a ground for the disconnect.

mwm1752

There should be no requirement for the bonding jumper or bonding bushing if not consdered a service -- to answer your question if the jumper was required & it is considered a service then a terminal connection to the cabinet is required with concentric/essentric ko's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.