Deflection of wire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelec

In a post some where it was mentioned that cable coming out of the back of a meter pan for 200amp wire would violate the deflection of the wire to terminal (unless a conduit adapter... No thread... Is used)

It was suggested to come out of the bottom of the enclosure.

My possible issue is with 200 amp seu

Coming out of the bottom of the meter pan. 90 through the wall. Then 90 into the top of the panel may put the panel too low.

If I come into the panel from the back top might be better and give me the height I would rather have for the panel.

I've come in the back top of the panel before with no issues but I would like to make sure it is approved and not an inspector just not checking it.

Is it possible to enter the rear top of the panel and not violate this deflection code? (Or rear sides of the panel?)

How exactly and where do you measure from/to to check for the violation ??

Thank you.

jumper

I believe you are looking for 312.6.

It gives me a headache. I pretend that it does not exist.

I have done the install you describe, and yes I have passed also and yes I was not sure if it was totally kosher either.

ritelec

I'm talking to myself. But it's ok. I do it often.

Rethinking. Instead of entering the panel through the back and having two 90's to the termination , would entering the top "side" of the panel then one 90 into the termination create the proper distance and be acceptable ?
Should right ?

Thanks

ritelec

Still talking to myself.

I'm thinking in the side of the panel is ok

I'm also thinking coming into the bottom , button rear or bottom side is ok. Yet I'm still confusing myself.

It's stayed from the terminal to the entry and yet the width if the gutter ??

I'm confusing myself here.

Can a unprotected conductor enter a building, enter the bottom of a panel and run all the way thru a panel to the lugs on top?

Not sure I've seen it done that way. I never have done it. Don't think there's any code against it. Doesn't seem too safe.

( wait I have. Trough underneath panels and tapped but never a single seu cable )

Status
Not open for further replies.