Pass or Fail Real Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

If the NM cable were strapled within 12" from the panel, I would say pass it. But I like to see all that cable protected in flex. Around here it must be in flex if its below the joists.

gus

Hendrix

20 pages on if romex should be strapped comming into a panel. Ive got the right answer why not just to it the right way . What ever happened to craftsmanship in this trade.Had a inspector tell me one time he couldnt enforce the code that says installed in a neat and workman like manner.
That is almost impossible to enforce....You can't tell a kid he can't play baseball because he is no good :cool:

electricmanscott

If the NM cable were strapled within 12" from the panel, I would say pass it. But I like to see all that cable protected in flex. Around here it must be in flex if its below the joists.

gus

First off, what are you protecting these cables from? Second, is flex listed for protection from physical damage?

electricmanscott

Whats the definition of physical damage?

Water, air, chemicals, a hammer, etc.?

None of the above. A hammer may cause physical damage. It doesn't matter anyway.

Flex, metallic or non metallic can not be used where subject to physical damage. If the NM is subject to physical damage in a given location I can't understand how these guys think flex is the ideal choice to protect it. It certainly is not code legal.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
None of the above. A hammer may cause physical damage. It doesn't matter anyway.

Flex, metallic or non metallic can not be used where subject to physical damage. If the NM is subject to physical damage in a given location I can't understand how these guys think flex is the ideal choice to protect it. It certainly is not code legal.

Then many of us are doing it wrong.

Does this not qualify?
"superior crush-proof qualities." from http://www.delikon.com/yf_703.html

Are you saying the same applies to liquatite?

Status
Not open for further replies.