Wye Transformer Phase to Ground voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonCo

Just a simple question, if its a 120/208 Wye secondary. I know my Phase to Neutral is 120 and my line to line is 208. Would my phase to ground also be 120? Ground and Neutral are all tied together right, just wondering. Thank you!

Also, this is my first post on this forum! I am a huge fan of ET and use them all the time, but this forum looks amazing! I love how there is an actual section for calculations, I am defiantly coming hear from now on! Thanks for your time - Jason

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Just a simple question, if its a 120/208 Wye secondary. I know my Phase to Neutral is 120 and my line to line is 208. Would my phase to ground also be 120? Ground and Neutral are all tied together right,
Yes and Yes

Also, this is my first post on this forum! I am a huge fan of ET and use them all the time, but this forum looks amazing! I love how there is an actual section for calculations, I am defiantly coming hear from now on! Thanks for your time - Jason
Welcome to the forum

Roger

kwired

Electron manager
The yes(es) you have gotten assumes that the center point of the wye is the point that is grounded - which is generally a requirement for NEC applications.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The yes(es) you have gotten assumes that the center point of the wye is the point that is grounded - which is generally a requirement for NEC applications.
While the system bonding jumper on the secondary side of the transformer is required by the code rules, it is something that does get missed at times.

If you have strange line to earth voltages and solid line to neutral voltages, the system bonding jumper (the connection between the neutral and the grounding conductors) is likely missing.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.