Customer-Owned Pole-mount transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhee2

I need to specify a single phase pole mount transformer to feed some remote loads at an existing site. Existing OH distribution is in place so all we are doing is specifying the transformer and and secondary feeder/panel/loads. Since any other pole-mount xfmr application I've participated in has been utility responsibility I want to make sure I am consistent with NEC requirements. Although debatable, I am assuming the site is NOT a supervised location when applying 450.3.

- Primary OCPD - size consistent with Table 450.3(A) (primary is 4160 VAC).
- Secondary OCPD - transformer and secondary conductors - because I am outdoors and meet the requirements of 240.21(C)(4) I can consider my fused disconnect, approx. 100' away from the transformer, my OCPD as long as conductor ampacity is greater than my fuse size.

- Grounding - I can use 250.30(A) (1) exception 2 to bond the neutral at both the transformer and disconnect, and no EGC or SSBJ is required.

Does this sound correct? My intent is to configure like a typical service, but because it is customer and not utility owned I am double checking my NEC compliance.

nhee2

Additionally for this type of application, would the primary fuse cutouts be considered a suitable disconnecting means per 450.14 for an NEC installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.