480v ice cube relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The problem is, not many of the octal sockets are rated for more than 300V because of the spacings of the terminals. There are maybe one or two suppliers, but they are typically phase monitor relays, not control relays, because the cost to make the special octal sockets make "ice cube" relays non-competitive against DIN rail industrial control relays. Do a search for 600V octal sockets, then look for some of those results to see if they can supply a relay.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
AB makes some miniature IEC contactors that work well for this. I'd give you a part # but I used my last one.:roll:

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Good golly gosh, who said anything about them being under load when changed out! Have an old MCC that is all 480v control. We are changing it out to 120v, PLC controlled and these are just the interposing relays. I have had phase loss monitors that start & stop size 4 pump panels for 20 years. Was hoping I could just get the relay. I can, but not worth the extra effort.

I agree. The idea of someone yanking a 480V relay out of its socket while under load scares me. Maybe that's why they only make the sockets for phase monitors; little or no load.

That is one aspect, the other is the creep distances in an environment that is dusty and potentially moist. I understand that most 'electrical rooms are designed to be clean and dry, but in reality they all get dirty and leaky roofs after 10-20 years and nobody fixes it.

Thedroid

IEC contactor would be best. It would be a little more difficult to change out, but I doubt it would wear out any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.