Where did that tool go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

220/221

By far, rolls of tape.

It seems I never have one in my bag and I have to schlep out to the truck and get a new one. 5 minutes later I'm like " where's my damn tape?"

I don't misplace the 10 in 1 tips cause you can't buy them (easily)

TOOL_5150

I lost a pretty much brand new pair of knipex 10" dikes on a demo job last weekend. I was really disappointed. on that same job, I "lost" a pair of klein dikes to a #12 romex fused at 100A!! put a stripper hole the size of a #10 in them.

~Matt

macmikeman

I have a problem with keeping flashlights myself. I buy cheap ones now at the 7-11 because of that. One time I set a newish Panasonic 1/2" cordless drill down on the grass median next to my truck as the GC came over to pester me about something before I drove off, and then I drove off...... By by drill.

petey_c

I more often lose tools temporarily now. Where did I put down that tape, etc.? I know it's because I'm trying to multitask. The wife says it's cause I'm getting old....

ItsHot

Damn tape?

Damn tape?

By far, rolls of tape.

It seems I never have one in my bag and I have to schlep out to the truck and get a new one. 5 minutes later I'm like " where's my damn tape?"

I don't misplace the 10 in 1 tips cause you can't buy them (easily)

Damn tape is not a tool ! This is supply and material.. Duct tape! Now that's a tool!!!:grin:

zappy

Dikes, strippers. Usually left in the crawlspace. I now bring a canvas bag with me and put everything in it, when I'm crawling with the roaches.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I was wondering why some tools I've had forever and others I sometimes lose and have to replace. The only pattern I could see was that anything I use for demolition is more likely to get lost, must get mixed in with debris.

Some tools I keep gaining, I've got probably 5 more hammers than I've bought in my life. Also cheap slip-joint pliers, I've got 3 or 4 and have never bought any.

Electron_Sam78

I don't know about most often but I just left my drywall saw in the attic and I'm pretty sure I buried it when I refilled the insulation hole. I'm not going back up - it's time for a new one :mad:

dmagyar

Lost tools

Lost tools

I was misplacing small tools all of the time, then I figured it out that I couldn't identify if I had them or not when I was picking up after a job because I was putting everything into boxes at the end of the job cleanup. I then started to use a tool bag to augment my tool pouch. That way when I'm picking up I can see if I have all the tools I started with in their proper places. I also started attaching a six inch piece of fluorescent mason line to the handles of knives and such as when they fall out of your pocket/pouch in the attic insullation you at least have a chance to find them.

I did almost loose a 3 cell maglight in the ceiling where I had installed a recessed light. After finishing and then driving off to my next client I couldn't locate my flashlight. I drove back, knocked on the earlier clients door. They got a good laugh as I removed the cylinder of the recessed light and retrieved my flashlight. I now use a "headband" style climbing light which is much harder to set down and forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.