service drop clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
don't know how far you are running this line but have you considered both cost difference and other advantages of running underground. Clearances will definately not be a problem.

quogueelectric

A simple solution that I can see is attatching a stick of 2 1\2" rigid conduit as a mast bolted to the pole. If you set the 20'pole 6 feet deep top of pole is 14' strap 4' of rmc to top of pole gives you annother 6 ft clearance bringing you to 20' to weatherhead. Point of attatchment 6-12 inches below weatherhead giving you 19-19.5' clearance. About 150$ in material not a big deal easy fix.

jetlag

A simple solution that I can see is attatching a stick of 2 1\2" rigid conduit as a mast bolted to ouldof pole gives you annother 6 ft clearance bringing you to 20' to weathehead. Point of attatchment 6-12 inches below weatherhead giving you 19-19.5' clearance. About 150$ in material not a big deal easy fix.

This is hard Ga clay I only go 4 ft deep . So can go with 2" rigid 4 ft above . Would need another 4ft 6" piece of rigid at bottom to make the mast

I just didnt think your idea made much sence , but I was joking, sorry

I would like to apologize for my crude remark towards you. Should have thought before sending and realized you were joking. I was thinking about raising the point of attachment with angle iron rather than raising the mast, at least in my head. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Tony

cadpoint

The OP can't except the answers that have been given & No I wouldn't be hanging some piece of Steel to meet the requirements!

I know that professionally they are making the Client handle their own business! ( A real BIG Flair to ME! )

If one doesn't meet the POCO's requirements, nothing else needs to be said, just JMHAO!

Last edited:

jetlag

The OP can't except the answers that have been given & No I wouldn't be hanging some piece of Steel to meet the requirements!

I know that professionally they are making the Client handle their own business! ( A real BIG Flair to ME! )

If one doesn't meet the POCO's requirements, nothing else needs to be said, just JMHAO!

Well it was fun for a while, but I wouldn't want my name on that mast or piece of metal extending above the pole .

cadpoint

...., and the poco has told owner that is clearance they want. I dont see how this applies up in the yard around the mobile home where there is grass planted....

I forgot to mention the yard area is fenced in about 100 x 100 ft. It seems like a big overkill to have 18 ft service drop clearance in there. I told the owner to recheck with the inspector and poco and call me back. If he says they want the 18 ft I will tell him to pay the poco to set the pole, I think they charge 375.00 , then I will come and build the service.

Your right you had half the fun of understanding what needed to be done...

Servicing your client is all the fun, "Again", JMO; you don't get it.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Check Out a Metal Pole

Check Out a Metal Pole

Check metal suppliers in your area for prices on a 24 foot metal pole, 4 x 4 or 6 x 6. I priced stuff awhile back for a possible project and I think metal was sometimes cheaper, and easier to get. Worth a try.

jetlag

thanks mellc

thanks mellc

Check metal suppliers in your area for prices on a 24 foot metal pole, 4 x 4 or 6 x 6. I priced stuff awhile back for a possible project and I think metal was sometimes cheaper, and easier to get. Worth a try.

I doubt the poco will hit that , they are used for stadium and parking lot lights with underground power. But I will check

Status
Not open for further replies.