Spas and Hot Tubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

It has been a long time since I posted anything, but I have been reviewing the NEC article on Spas and Hot Tubs and I need a little help. My question is on NEC 2008 article 680.43 B 1 b referring to mounting height of a paddle fan. I always thought you couldn?t hang a paddle fan less than 7? 6? from the maximum water level to any hanging part of the fan with GFCI protection. After reading it again I?m cornfussed when they say mounting height. Is the measurement 7? 6? from the maximum water level to where the fan is mounted to the ceiling or is the measurement to any hanging part of the paddle fan? Please go easy on me, I?m a little rusty on this section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It has been a long time since I posted anything, but I have been reviewing the NEC article on Spas and Hot Tubs and I need a little help. My question is on NEC 2008 article 680.43 B 1 b referring to mounting height of a paddle fan. I always thought you couldn?t hang a paddle fan less than 7? 6? from the maximum water level to any hanging part of the fan with GFCI protection. After reading it again I?m cornfussed when they say mounting height. Is the measurement 7? 6? from the maximum water level to where the fan is mounted to the ceiling or is the measurement to any hanging part of the paddle fan? Please go easy on me, I?m a little rusty on this section.

The measurement would be to the bottom of the fan measured from the water level. But this is for Hot Tubs not Hot Tubes... :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.