South Jersey Recessed Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Anyone know the going rate for high-hats in South Jersey with a 65W incandescent lamp installed in new construction?

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's going to be a tough one to answer. The going rate for a 200A service upgrade in one northern NJ county is about $2800. Move one county over and it can drop by almost $1K. I can't begin to think what a per hi-hat # would be. I wish we could all take a lesson from plumbers. They all stick together. All they have to know is water flows up and crap flows down and they get $120/hr to change a washer.:slaphead: In the mean time we electricians are all cutting each others throats.

Anyway, I can't specifically answer your question as I am in northern NJ. However material costs are all going to be roughly the same. A cheap & dirty Halo 6" recessed can/trim and bulb at HD are going to be around $20-$25. A coil of 14/2 RX is about $31. The big variable is labor. Personally speaking I would try to get at least $125 a fixture. Just my opinion.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
That's going to be a tough one to answer. The going rate for a 200A service upgrade in one northern NJ county is about $2800. Move one county over and it can drop by almost $1K. I can't begin to think what a per hi-hat # would be. I wish we could all take a lesson from plumbers. They all stick together. All they have to know is water flows up and crap flows down and they get $120/hr to change a washer.:slaphead: In the mean time we electricians are all cutting each others throats.

Anyway, I can't specifically answer your question as I am in northern NJ. However material costs are all going to be roughly the same. A cheap & dirty Halo 6" recessed can/trim and bulb at HD are going to be around $20-$25. A coil of 14/2 RX is about $31. The big variable is labor. Personally speaking I would try to get at least $125 a fixture. Just my opinion.

They still make those???:cool:

My friend is buying a house that's being built and the EC quoted him $150/HH with a 65R-30 lamp for additional recessed lighting. Given the location and being that it's new construction it sounded a bit high to me, IMO for $150 each you should be getting LED's.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
My friend is buying a house that's being built and the EC quoted him $150/HH with a 65R-30 lamp for additional recessed lighting. Given the location and being that it's new construction it sounded a bit high to me, IMO for $150 each you should be getting LED's.
And a better made fixture like Juno

mgookin

Is the EC really getting $150 or do the developer, salesperson, GC & EC all have their hands in the pot?

JFletcher

You can get Juno LED trims for ~ $12.50 at the supply house now. As I mentioned in another thread, they have an egc and gasket and are a little more labor than the usual trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.