Chain size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupation
Inspector
1-What size of sash chain and/or jack chain you guys like the best for fishing porpuses?

2- Which one you like better, sash or jack chain?

Thanks.

Sash is by far the better choice in my book. The Sash is more smooth and less likely to snag or catch while fishing. I have had jack chain come apart at times.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I use only welded-link chains. I've had non-welded ones come apart in the wall. :mad:

The one we're using now looks like this, and it fishes well:

a6-1.gif

One-eyed Jack

I use only welded-link chains. I've had non-welded ones come apart in the wall. :mad:

The one we're using now looks like this, and it fishes well:

a6-1.gif

What are you fishing for Larry,Great whites or Killer whales? That picture looks like it would handle either.:D Seriously I like the fiber rods and or lead weight and string.

ty

I have never used chain. I learned to use 18-2 bell wire and it has always worked great for me.

That's cool.
But how about going from, say, attic to basement in a ranch house with one guy?

With chain, you can go in attic, drill hole on top plate. Drop chain. Go to basement drill hole up. Bend hook on piece of wire and put in hole. Twist it around in a circle and catch chain.

Can be done in a matter of minutes with one guy. Chain in this instance is more portable than sticks, and there would be no need for a second guy in the attic wiggling a wire or sticks to try to hit the bottom hole.

shepelec

All I do with bell wire is, fold 2' back over and drop it into the wall. Then I use a short snake with an open hook to snag the loop. Then I use the bell wire to pull the cable up the wall.

Of course the magnetic snake looks like it has it's uses as well.:cool:

zappy

What if there's insulation in the wall?

What if there's insulation in the wall?

Will a chain still work? I always have used a glow stick.

mdj1320

8" of welded chain and some jetline workes good for me sometimes you have to wiggle it but once you are between the insulation and the wall it will drop like a rock

Status
Not open for further replies.