A/V, HDMI, cables run through the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm under the impression that the A/C, Composite, or HDMI cables that would come with the television or audio equipment cannot be run through the wall. I'm looking at 400.8 in referance to flexible cords and cables but am unsure if those cables are covered in that article. Anyone have some info to define that for me.

Thanks in advance

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Look in article 725. CL2 rated cables can be run in the wall. They do make HDMI cables that are CL2 rated.

Thanks, I did some research and found the HDMI and composite cables CL2 and CL3 rated, expensive @$60 for 15' each. I'm sure the best buy guys are dropping the ones that come with the tv down the wall. Thanks for pointing the direction for me.

LJSMITH1

Thanks, I did some research and found the HDMI and composite cables CL2 and CL3 rated, expensive @$60 for 15' each. I'm sure the best buy guys are dropping the ones that come with the tv down the wall. Thanks for pointing the direction for me.

Try http://www.monoprice.com. I have purchased many HDMI cables from them and the quality and price can't be beat. I just installed a 25' HDMI, 22 ga wire in the wall right now that is rated CL2 and HDMI 1.3a..and I only spent $25. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.