A dangerous "kludge" found online...name the violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxslick

Check this out:

attachment.php

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be.

At least the Oil Burner Emergency cutoff switch is properly marked. :roll:

sii

They could have saved money by using 2 conductor SO cord rather than 3. What a waste.

I have co-workers who would see that and say "WOW...that's hazardous....we should tape that up so noone can touch it!"

kwired

Electron manager
"At least the Oil Burner Emergency cutoff switch is properly marked"

How do you know it supplies an oil burner? or is this in your place:D

eric7379

"At least the Oil Burner Emergency cutoff switch is properly marked"

How do you know it supplies an oil burner? or is this in your place:D

I think that the words "Oil Burner" and at the bottom of the picture, you can barely make out what appears to be the last 3 letters of the word "Emergency" might have been a dead give-away.

Dave58er

I think that the words "Oil Burner" and at the bottom of the picture, you can barely make out what appears to be the last 3 letters of the word "Emergency" might have been a dead give-away.

You should re-read post #9 and imagine "actually" in front of the word "supplies". ;):D

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Don't laugh. We found almost the exact same thing (minus the EMT) under a house a few years ago, where someone unknown relocated a range during a kitchen remodel.

Whoever it was stuck the range cord through the floor from underneath and put the wires back into the range, without a clamp. Underneath, the cable wires wrapped around the plug blades.

The strain on the cord pulled the neutral wire out of its crimp-on forked terminal, leaving the clock and light inoperative, and zapped dad between the range and the sink about a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.