locknut wrench....

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnic

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Locknut wrench

Locknut wrench

I have one it looks better than it works. I think I wasted my money. ( I'm a sucker for new toys)

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Technically,. the raceway should be complete (including locknuts?) before you pull wires into it, yes?
"Code technically" yes, if conduit... but as Strathead points out, MC... but I can't remember (other than that video) the last time I saw a locknut-type MC connector. :blink:

All that said, a reminder it's a sales video... and we all know those videos have to be the shining examples of our transparently-honest society. :happysad:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
A set of these might be handy to have.

http://premiertool.com/id77.htm

276f0400.jpg

28140f00.jpg

283ff420.jpg

jumper

I've had a few where the basin wrench was the only way to get the nuts loose. No room for anything else. I avoid plumbing, but the right tools make it less of a PITA.

Agree. The question is cost over convenience.

I gotta a dollar that says even without a basin wrench you still would have got that job done, not easily-but done.

Me, yeah I have a basin wrench, but not a not a lock nut wrench. Not worth the money for me, just my opinion only.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Agree. The question is cost over convenience.

I gotta a dollar that says even without a basin wrench you still would have got that job done, not easily-but done.

Outside of tearing walls apart, you would lose that dollar. That's how I discovered the basin wrench in the first place. I was trying to work on a very deep sink with about an inch and a half space between it and the wall. I tried everything. I could barely touch the bottom of the faucet with a pair of channelocks or the like, let alone put enough force on the fastener to get it loose. I was ready to open up the wall behind the sink. A friend came over and took one look. He lent me his basin wrench and in just a few minutes, the nuts were off. I went out and bought one. I think it was about 12 bucks.

MiElectrician

That wrench is for cut in (gem boxes with Madison straps) boxes and you have to use lockout connectors to make them work.
I use a banger to tighten them though.

JFletcher

A professional, purpose built tool, which then demonstrates using a screwdriver as a prybar. irony.

then again, if it came with a special shaft to give leverage, it would be thrown away in 5 seconds.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I saw this on the counter a few weeks ago ...... Reminds me of that screwdriver Milwaukee made that combined a flathead, Phillips, and Robertson head screw so that it would "fit device screws perfectly....." Like they missed the point of what a combo screw head is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
...... Reminds me of that screwdriver Milwaukee made that combined a flathead, Phillips, and Robertson head screw so that it would "fit device screws perfectly....." Like they missed the point of what a combo screw head is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I remember laughing when I saw that screwdriver:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.