3 family washer and dryer usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwirehouses

Someone asked me if there is a way to keep the other family's in a building from using your washer and dryer. I said, well, in a 3 family there should be three washers and three dryers. Apparently there is not. All I can think of is snaking some wires and putting a disconnect in there apartment, but thats a little overboard. Does anyone know of any products that could easily alleviate this?

ceb58

Keyed switch.

Agreed ( gotta stop doing that :grin:) I will add that if the situation is as I envision it installing the keyed switch will stop some one from using the equipment as intended. But when they find they cannot use it there is little to stop them from vandalizing the machines. But that has nothing to do with what you are being ask to do.

iwirehouses

Thats excellent. Perfect. I can get one at the supply house I imagine. 220v. 30a. Any ballpark idea's on what one might cost?

480sparky

I can't recall a 30a 2p keyed switch. Is it a stacked w/d that both use the 220/30? Or is the washer separate from an electric dryer?

If the latter, then try just using a SP keyed switch on the washer. If they can't use the washer, they won't need to use the dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.