300.4(f) bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAP

For emt that does not terminate in a box, PV system array to array I believe that all I need is a box connecter on each side no insulated bushing thanks

c_picard

300.4?

300.4?

Perhaps you meant 300.15(C) and (F)?

Is your fitting "listed for the use"?

300.16(A) does state that the fitting should have a separately bushed opening for each conductor, but I've never seen that done.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I'm going to assume 300.4(G).

A bushing is not required unless there are conductors 4AWG or larger. If you're talking about 10awg PV wire then not required.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
300.16(A) does state that the fitting should have a separately bushed opening for each conductor, but I've never seen that done.

One sees it on weatherheads, and we use cord grips with multiple holes when going into a box. But when pulling in open chases between arrays, I'm thankful I've never see this enforced.

Zee

One sees it on weatherheads, and we use cord grips with multiple holes when going into a box. But when pulling in open chases between arrays, I'm thankful I've never see this enforced.

grounding bushing on all ends or grounded by lock ring into a box.

c_picard

LA requires boxes on the end of the "homerun" conduits, but not on jumpers between arrays. The logic escapes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.