t8 lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

I'm looking for the "brightest" 4' T8 lamp. I am looking for something in a cool white. Everybody I talk to is giving me "color rendering" and "Kelvin" info which means very little to me. Am I on base with something like a SPX41? I understand lumens, what lamp will give me the highest lumens? Thanks

TOOL_5150

The brightest that I know of is a 32 watt. The higher # in color temp = the more "bright" it appears. 5000 and above are hard to look at.

~Matt

Rich R

I usually install a 4100 K if going for brightest possible light. Equivalent to what they call "Daylight" a few years back

The SPX41 is 4100 K.

Here is a site that will show you comparisons and lumens/kelvin for different bulb types

http://www.1000bulbs.com/F32T8/

mcclary's electrical

I usually install a 4100 K if going for brightest possible light. Equivalent to what they call "Daylight" a few years back

The SPX41 is 4100 K.

Here is a site that will show you comparisons and lumens/kelvin for different bulb types

http://www.1000bulbs.com/F32T8/

Alot depens on ceiling height. On a 20-25 ceiling, if you use 8' t8's, the 4100's look dim from the ground. The difference in a 4100 and a 5100 is impressive. The cost difference on the last I job I did was $ 800 more for 5100 but it's worth it.

Riograndeelectric

I completed a 2500 sq foot where house lighting rehab. they had 8 foot T12 fixtures along with T8 Tandem fixtures. we used Low ballast factor on the new lights and Watt 850K tubes for the entire project ceiling are 18 foot high.
I was able to get Satco brand T8 850K tubes for $.1.60 each for lot quaint of 800 tubes.
My supplier told me the price of T8 tubes was the same for any K rating of T8

mcclary's electrical

I completed a 2500 sq foot where house lighting rehab. they had 8 foot T12 fixtures along with T8 Tandem fixtures. we used Low ballast factor on the new lights and Watt 850K tubes for the entire project ceiling are 18 foot high.
I was able to get Satco brand T8 850K tubes for $.1.60 each for lot quaint of 800 tubes.
My supplier told me the price of T8 tubes was the same for any K rating of T8

Sylvania single pin 8' t8 4100k 5.99 per tube
Sylvania single pin 8' t8 5100k 8.99 per tube

but the difference is well worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.