7.3 Earthquake hits near Calexico, Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxslick

This afternoon around 3:40 pm a major earthquake hit the area near Calexico (Correction: Mexicali) Mexico. Shaking was felt all the way to Phoenix, Az and it has triggered minor quakes in Northern California.

I was in my office doing some spring cleaning and suddenly felt motion-sick. The motion here in Hawthorne (just south of Los Angeles Airport) was more of a side-to-side slow roll or ripple.

I did not know it was actually a quake until I talked to my neighbor downstairs. I thought at first it was my body acting up.

There are preliminary reports of massive damage in the region of Northern Mexico.

I hope that all our friends in the area are safe, and that everyone in areas prone to earthquakes make sure you are prepared with emergency supplies.

Last edited:

peter

I felt the same thing except that the proper time was 3:45. I know this because my Timex doesn't lie. It utterly failed to do any damage though.

It was of course very enjoyable and I enjoyed it. Not a single electrical failure was noted. [I put thatin so that this very important thread won't get closed.

~Peter

Oh send beer, cigarettes and cat food.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I felt the same thing except that the proper time was 3:45. I know this because my Timex doesn't lie. It utterly failed to do any damage though.

It was of course very enjoyable and I enjoyed it. Not a single electrical failure was noted. [I put thatin so that this very important thread won't get closed.

~Peter

Oh send beer, cigarettes and cat food.
I heard there were several power outages!

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Re: Mexicali and Calexico.
Same town, different countries. Calexico is on California, USA side, Mexicali is the Mexico side. Looks the same from the air... other than the border fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.