ser cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I am not aware of a code section that says you cannot install SER or NM in a raceway. However if you are installing a raceway, why do you want to install a cable in the raceway? Why not just install single conductors in the raceway?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am not aware of a code section that says you cannot install SER or NM in a raceway. However if you are installing a raceway, why do you want to install a cable in the raceway? Why not just install single conductors in the raceway?

You can run SER in a raceway. You just can't run the raceway/conduit underground as SER is not allowed underground.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I understand that, but I don't see anything from the OP that suggests this would be an underground run.

I never said he was. I answered his OP in post #2 and just said:
Not if the SER goes underground

I was trying to figure why he would run SER in conduit if it was above ground. So that made me think he MIGHT be thinking of running it underground. So basically I was telling the OP that he could run the SER in conduit as long as it wasn't underground.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My guess is that he wants to sleeve it for some distance before running the SER in free air.

Status
Not open for further replies.