Lock type breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Go it. When you say 'moved', it implies permanency, that's what got me confused.

I't interesting about he NEC use in Afghanistan. If we have so much difficulty, in the US, applying it here and trying to untangle its intent, how could you guys deal with it when it is not even in your language?!

Not too much difficult, Our all design ( Demand factors, Cable size, Breaker size, Fire alarm system design, lightning and grounding system, distribution voltage drop calculation) site installation and implementation of electrical and mechanic as well as structure , are all based on USA Codes

In electrical we use codes such as ( NFPA 70, NFPA 72, NFPA 780 ...etc. as well as UFC code. for you UFC check this site www.wbdg.org )

that is why I have too much interesting in this forum.

tkb

Since you said this is residential, do you mean a single dwelling, or like an apartment complex?

And when you say "fire alarm system", do you mean a Fire Alarm System with pull stations and speaker or horn strobes, or interconnected smoke alarms?

And when you say "lock", do you mean a lockable with a key, or a breaker clip to prevent turning off the breaker?

The answers to these questions may change some of the other responses.

What a grave mistake. Are you familiar with European code and how superior it is?

The blanket statement like that should give you warning of its folly.

All things have benefits and liabilities.

I have worked under both and while I keep complaining about the NEC, I would rather have that than the EU or IEC code(s).The International system is based on a noncompetitive market approach. That on one hand assures uniform performance, on the other it excludes products that would be right for the job. By tailoring products closer tot he exact performance target, you would have to produce more variety therefore lower the volume discount potential.

The aspect of the EC system agressivity over the world-wide market will eventually overwhelm the ANSI market. The US manufacturers do not help as they 'internationalize' themselves and abandon ANSI products or EC based companies take over US manufacturers then in turn eliminate their ANSI lines.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Since you said this is residential, do you mean a single dwelling, or like an apartment complex?

And when you say "fire alarm system", do you mean a Fire Alarm System with pull stations and speaker or horn strobes, or interconnected smoke alarms?

And when you say "lock", do you mean a lockable with a key, or a breaker clip to prevent turning off the breaker?

The answers to these questions may change some of the other responses.

I have been just told lock type. Now I am waiting for response whether it is lockable or lock type. I soon will inform when i get the response.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
The blanket statement like that should give you warning of its folly.

All things have benefits and liabilities.

I have worked under both and while I keep complaining about the NEC, I would rather have that than the EU or IEC code(s).The International system is based on a noncompetitive market approach. That on one hand assures uniform performance, on the other it excludes products that would be right for the job. By tailoring products closer tot he exact performance target, you would have to produce more variety therefore lower the volume discount potential.

The aspect of the EC system agressivity over the world-wide market will eventually overwhelm the ANSI market. The US manufacturers do not help as they 'internationalize' themselves and abandon ANSI products or EC based companies take over US manufacturers then in turn eliminate their ANSI lines.

In principle, I have to agree with your observation, I have seen that myself. I would like to clarify though that NEC is closer to IEE wiring regulations (BS 7671), and IEC standards, in general are more along the lines of IEEE.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

In principle, I have to agree with your observation, I have seen that myself. I would like to clarify though that NEC is closer to IEE wiring regulations (BS 7671), and IEC standards, in general are more along the lines of IEEE.

I have used IEEE, IEC and NEC codes. But there are alot things which IEC matches NEC. Europeon countries are using based on IEC, so I dont think there must be a big difference. Codes are only for better design and mankind saftey consideration regardless of place.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
I have used IEEE, IEC and NEC codes. But there are alot things which IEC matches NEC. Europeon countries are using based on IEC, so I dont think there must be a big difference. Codes are only for better design and mankind saftey consideration regardless of place.

My, for just graduating in Dec 2008, you certainly have mastered the trade.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.