Home made plug strip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found things like that in school and theater storerooms- hasn't been used in 15-20 years but no one will throw it away. I've also creatively "stored" a few of them; either in an even more obscure closet or more often in the big green storage box by the loading dock....

"It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I assume this was taken as a joke... If not these guys are morons... I know this pic has been around for ages

ry%3D400

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
In high school we'd make those with switches for a light show for a band. Use extension cords & #10 cans with cellophane over the face of the can.

I had one of those. It connected the receptacles on the "controller" with receptacles on the back of the stovepipe light cans with extension cords and gender bender cables with male 15A plugs on both ends. The plugs were three prong, so I know the system was safe. :D

JDB3

A friend had a sail boat at a marina's spider dock (away from land), that had NM (Romex) ran to it, juction box on top of spider dock, then ran to others !:weeping:

Status
Not open for further replies.