Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAP

I'm currently at a job service change, existing main is 3 feet from edge of pool, how far do I have to be from pool thanks, I don't want this family to be out of power

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I'm currently at a job service change, existing main is 3 feet from edge of pool, how far do I have to be from pool thanks, I don't want this family to be out of power

You might be better off building a wall between the pool and the main instead of moving it. Although if there are no outlets located at the main you may not have regulatory problems. :)
IIRC the code cares more about outlets than about wires, unless they are open wires (not in raceway.)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am not sure there is a requirement that specifically states how far it should be but the NEC does require a maintenance disconnect to be at least 5' away. If this is an overhead service there are clearances for the overhead lines

JDB3

You might be better off building a wall between the pool and the main instead of moving it. Although if there are no outlets located at the main you may not have regulatory problems. :)
IIRC the code cares more about outlets than about wires, unless they are open wires (not in raceway.)

Also, remember the necessary working space around service, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.