QO or Homeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Go for broke, I-Line and QOB.:)

I have a NQOD panel, left over from a job brand new,was double shipped couldn't pass up the price,(free) they were going to chunk it. Did have to buy a can and cover though. Takes QO's and QOB's. The majority of breakers I have in are QOB, yes, I know overkill:roll: and yes its factory single phase!

kbsparky

I'd use either.

: Originally Posted by mcclary's electrical
Also, the QO have trip indicators.

So do other brands; the handles. :cool:

Maybe so, but I have seen many of the "other brands" handles stick in the "on" position, thus fooling the homeowner as to whether the breaker was actually on, or tripped out. I have to jiggle the handles down the line and eventually find the one that indeed tripped.

When dealing with the QO, I have also seen the handle stuck in the on position, but the red flag indicator gives it away as to which breaker(s) are tripped.

Nothing but QO for me in my place! :)

Wire_nutz

Once the stab bus burns up behind the breaker, you most likely will have to remove the breaker and blank it off. Also I have found that the Homeline type breakers do not snap on the buss as well as QO type, especially if they have been taken in and out a few times.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
When I am in USA side { wisconsin } I useally go either way.........
Never admit that in public:grin:

I use Homeline exclusively unless a customer insists on it or it is spec'd and yes, I have one in my house. I guess with all my experience I've come to have no need for the little orange trip window.;)

juptonstone

QO vs. Homeline

QO vs. Homeline

Square D cameup with Homeline to offer a panel competitive with Siemens... Over the years, I have replaced a lot of homeline breakers because they failed to trip, or tripped but never to the center position... I just replaced a Homeline breaker last week... I have never replaced a QO because it failed. Yeah the breakers are more expensive, but my home and family are actually important to me.

Jim W in Tampa

General contractors were happy cause of the name Square D and i was getting them from big orange as package deal with bunch of breakers. Worked out to about $60 for a main breaker panel.

I have replaced a lot of mains on qo panels due to water instursion. Their branch breakers are excellent, but the mains need to be sealed around the lugs to prevent water from pooling inside the main. I have emailed square d about this issue, they more or less said not there problem, stop the water intrusion. Next time you have to replace a main drill the rivets out and you will know what I mean. Yes I know water in panels is bad, and that is the main problem, I have yet to replace a siemens main because of water intrusion. Yes I do have qo in my house!

mcclary's electrical

I have replaced a lot of mains on qo panels due to water instursion. Their branch breakers are excellent, but the mains need to be sealed around the lugs to prevent water from pooling inside the main. I have emailed square d about this issue, they more or less said not there problem, stop the water intrusion. Next time you have to replace a main drill the rivets out and you will know what I mean. Yes I know water in panels is bad, and that is the main problem, I have yet to replace a siemens main because of water intrusion. Yes I do have qo in my house!

I would be quite embarrassed to call squared d and tell them there breakers are not waterproof:-?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.