rigid metal sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatfull

running 4 parallel runs of 4" pvc from a generator to a ats. the sweeps making the turn are 4" rigid, then convert back to pvc. does the sweeps inbetween need to be bonded in someway? the conduits are down 3' and encased in concrete. i say they have to be bonded the boss says no. i have lunch riding on this

Cavie

running 4 parallel runs of 4" pvc from a generator to a ats. the sweeps making the turn are 4" rigid, then convert back to pvc. does the sweeps inbetween need to be bonded in someway? the conduits are down 3' and encased in concrete. i say they have to be bonded the boss says no. i have lunch riding on this

Just wondering. Why you would spend big $$$ on glav 90's??:confused:

boatfull

We do this all the time so the pulling rope will not pull out the side of a PVC sweep.

It is also a common power company specification here,

that is why we are using it. had it happen before. by the way lunch was at ruth-chris steak house. ouch!!!

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
On factory sweeps, sometimes have to pay attention to specifications -

32" or 48",

Whatever you do, make sure that they are all the same, if you send an appentice to the supply house by himself.

ron

It also somewhat helps help reduce surges being transmitted through the feeder since the steel conduit makes the overall circuit act like an inductor and be slow to electrical transient change.

Status
Not open for further replies.