Afci product compatibility testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little insight to all the c10 contractors. Any guys that have had intermittent tripping on electronic controlled devices look for the FCC cert. Probably does not have one. Mike I need your experert opinion on this issue please contact me direct.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Just a little insight to all the c10 contractors. Any guys that have had intermittent tripping on electronic controlled devices look for the FCC cert. Probably does not have one. Mike I need your experert opinion on this issue please contact me direct.

Are you talking about devices with no FCC certs tripping AFCI breakers, or are you talking about some sort of FCC certification on the breakers themselves?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I think he is talking about all devices in a home having to be FCC certified to work with an AFCI breaker. A ridiculous requirement to say the least.

And Mike doesn't visit this board.

-Hal

macmikeman

I think he is talking about all devices in a home having to be FCC certified to work with an AFCI breaker. A ridiculous requirement to say the least.

And Mike doesn't visit this board.

-Hal

Sure I do................. Eaton BR brand is the most stable of the lot. Switch over and loose the pain.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician

So help us understand this Paul

The whole 'radio frequency' issue afci's are having falls on the visiting contractors shoulders to run around the dwelling, maybe even the dwellings next door, to verify FCC compliance?

~RJ~

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
What happens when residential units share a building with commercial space all operating off the same service?

The NEC needs a new exception stating that if a good faith effort was made to correct the false tripping of an AFCI breaker, you get to throw it in the dumpster and replace it with a regular breaker. :thumbsup:

-Hal

JFletcher

What happens when residential units share a building with commercial space all operating off the same service?

The NEC needs a new exception stating that if a good faith effort was made to correct the false tripping of an AFCI breaker, you get to throw it in the dumpster and replace it with a regular breaker. :thumbsup:

-Hal

or a GFCI one. I like this exception!

Status
Not open for further replies.