ohmhead

Duval county court house project

Duval county court house project

100_1286-1.jpg

Is this better ?

100_1317.jpg

Now its time to get the benders out !

100_1280-1.jpg

We use a electronic starter its safe and your 6 feet away !

100_1278.jpg

100_1312.jpg

Thats sheet metal we install and after the conduits rise thur we pour it to finish deck above .

Were out of the dirt now risers are going up to the upper levels its a 2 1/2 year project in jacksonville fla i guess its a place to work iam lucking to have a job this year .

Last edited:

mcclary's electrical

100_1286-1.jpg

Is this better ?

100_1317.jpg

Now its time to get the benders out !

100_1280-1.jpg

We use a electronic starter its safe and your 6 feet away !

100_1278.jpg

100_1312.jpg

Thats sheet metal we install and after the conduits rise thur we pour it to finish deck above .

Were out of the dirt now risers are going up to the upper levels its a 2 1/2 year project in jacksonville fla i guess its a place to work iam lucking to have a job this year .

I've never used a remote start. Mines only has the spark gun. How does the remote work?

ohmhead

Heres the kit from Erico cadweld plus

cadweldplus.jpg

The loads are sealed not like the old plastic cap ones you dont open up the loads just drop them inside like in my picture on the other post and close the top .

Hook that cable to the control box press button it takes about 5 seconds then it goes off and your a safe distance away so its very easy to use .

I like it only one minor problem is the attaching plug that goes on the load you must pull it out fast after your shot goes off or your going to replace it after 20 or so shots it can not take the heat all day !

But they make a good product its the safe way to cadweld .

If its a tool made my crew can break it i must say its tuff and the loads dont go bad from damp or storage they last a long time when needed we weld all our stuff on every job .

Many years ago i had one blow up in my face due to a wet conductor i didnt dry it with a torch i think back now and wish i had this then .

Last edited:

ty

ohmhead;1186273 Were out of the dirt now risers are going up to the upper levels its a 2 1/2 year project in jacksonville fla i guess its a place to work iam lucking to have a job this year .[/QUOTE said:
I went through Jacksonville twice last week.
I wish they would get I95 fixed.
I usually go around on 9A to rt1.

There seemed to be alot of work going on there.

I visited a paper manufacturing plant in Sanford, too.
Interestingly, they have alot of DC motors to run their machines.

ohmhead

Well Chris with this years lack of work i might be coming to work in south florida were going north now out of state and out of the country to find work .

Ill post some more sunday for ya some overhead pipe work risers !

We need to start a new post like a picture post ive got stuff from 1969 to today so the younger guys might see how we worked years ago and how we have it today what ya think Chris ?

When we use a pickup truck to pull wire !

mcclary's electrical

Well Chris with this years lack of work i might be coming to work in south florida were going north now out of state and out of the country to find work .

Ill post some more sunday for ya some overhead pipe work risers !

We need to start a new post like a picture post ive got stuff from 1969 to today so the younger guys might see how we worked years ago and how we have it today what ya think Chris ?

When !

we use a pickup truck to pull wire[/SIZ

E]

I actually did that recently:):)

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
we use a pickup truck to pull wire

I actually did that recently:):)

I really think there should be something in the code that addresses that:)

Maybe it should be a 2011 Proposal. And just for extra emphsis, I think it should be phrased like one of the 10 commandments:

"Thou shall not use thy pickup truck to pull wire or to bend conduit."

Steve

ohmhead

Well many years ago we did not have the stuff we have today so we kinda made our own tools .

We dont do that today but it worked then we bent conduit with two chevy tire rims rigid conduit 2 inch .

We made our own mandrels from old rubber tires cut with a hand saw into a circle and linked it on a chain and pulled it into 4 inch conduits .

we cut and threaded rigid pipe by hand everyday . Ever seen one of these used it hombru
100_1364.jpg

And we dugg most of our duct banks by using a shovel and 20 men no back hoe or rubber tire then .

Small company then now were one of the largest in the usa and we can look back and joke about it .

Funny but if you worked for me in 1969 and i said lets pull them 14 runs of 750 mcm 300 feet would you use a truck or pull it by hand ? If you said it was unsafe you kinda went down the road !

But today our company must own 35 plus tuggers greenlee !

Last edited:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
We need to start a new post like a picture post ive got stuff from 1969 to today so the younger guys might see how we worked years ago and how we have it today

Sure, give that a shot. I have over a thousand pictures but only dating back to the begining of the digital age.

ya think Chris ?
Only when absolutely necessary.

ohmhead

Sure, give that a shot. I have over a thousand pictures but only dating back to the begining of the digital age.

Only when absolutely necessary.

I think about fishing and not driving to work mostly !:D

Sorry about that wooden ladder in picture they didnt make fiber glass ladders then .

Last edited:

ohmhead

Out of the ground running

Out of the ground running

We thought we kinda show how we do our planning now that were above ground coordination is the key .
I sit down for months and plan the routes then i get with our cad guys and we design it they then coordinate the project with other trades elevations and routes that are in conflict are now worked out by computer cad over the net thought you might like to see a cad drawn and a finish product we install on our projects .
100_1537.jpg
100_1520.jpg
100_1528.jpg

We design it then install it with cad . Weve got a few more months of conduit going in ill post them when we get it done .Lots of conduit to install this was one riser to the roof of this project .

Last edited:

76nemo

We did a pull at a steel pant a few years ago pulling control wiring with a fork lift and a sock. I thought it was bogus from the get go do to tension. SOG, it worked just fine:roll:

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
We thought we kinda show how we do our planning now that were above ground coordination is the key .
I sit down for months and plan the routes then i get with our cad guys and we design it they then coordinate the project with other trades elevations and routes that are in conflict are now worked out by computer cad over the net thought you might like to see a cad drawn and a finish product we install on our projects .

We design it then install it with cad . Weve got a few more months of conduit going in ill post them when we get it done .Lots of conduit to install this was one riser to the roof of this project .

Do you know what the cad guys are using for software?? Autocad MEP, or Revit, or something else??

It looks like the architect is using 3D software, and giving you guys the baseplan to overlay your stuff on. Is that right??

Steve

ohmhead

Do you know what the cad guys are using for software?? Autocad MEP, or Revit, or something else??

It looks like the architect is using 3D software, and giving you guys the baseplan to overlay your stuff on. Is that right??

Steve

Well thats our companys auto cad 3 d layouts yes they are using 2010 auto cad bim the architect only gives us the cad files for the project we do the rest . Architect doesnt do anything for coordination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.