refrigerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

user 100

Not required by the NEC, may be required by the stoooopid fridge manufacture.

X2- Not required specifically by the NEC, manufacturer (110.3/B/) may say different.

Also required by those who like the warm feeling they get from dedicating a 15 or 20a circuit for something that may draw at most 6 amps.:roll:

You will know if the coffee doesn't get hot but it may be a few days before you notice the milk is warm.

Just try unwittingly pouring a glass of the soured milk you had in the door of a fridge that is going bad, and take a big 'ol swaller......:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I guarantee this will only happen once.:happyyes:

geochurchi

Occupation
Retired electrician
refrigerator

Thats what I thought, but some guy's are still hung up on the separate circuit for the refrigerators.:?:?

iwire

Staff member
Thats what I thought, but some guy's are still hung up on the separate circuit for the refrigerators.:?:?

More circuits more money. To me that is a good thing. :)

My work is mostly supermarkets and the company I work for runs literately run 100s of 20 amp circuits in a single store with just 1 to 10 amps of load on them. That is how the customer wants it and the company charges accordingly.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired

My work is mostly supermarkets and the company I work for runs literately run 100s of 20 amp circuits in a single store with just 1 to 10 amps of load on them. That is how the customer wants it and the company charges accordingly.

Little bit different there.

I can unplug my coffee maker turn the CB back on and stop at Caseys for coffee plus a donut on my way to buy a new CM.

iwire

Staff member
Little bit different there.

I can unplug my coffee maker turn the CB back on and stop at Caseys for coffee plus a donut on my way to buy a new CM.

How does that enter into it?

My point is we are all in the business of installing electrical equipment for pay. As long as we price the job right more circuits is more money in our pockets.

Obviously it is important to include this in the pricing but that applies to every circuit and task required for the job.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Unless you are buy some humongous thing fridges are drawing less then ever. I think it's a good idea to put them on with something else. You will know if the coffee doesn't get hot but it may be a few days before you notice the milk is warm.

What if it were beer? :)

user 100

More circuits more money. To me that is a good thing. :).

While it is ridiculous to need the circuit in a house, it isn't to want ​it- if this is what the customer wants, just grin and install it.

It does lead to more $$$. The added cost to you isn't that much, and there is a beautiful thing called markup.
Embrace it- love it, live it.:D

just the cowboy

Inactive, Email Never Verified
So something else don't trip it.

So something else don't trip it.

I was alway told it was so something else don't trip it and cause everything to go bad. Not a code just good practise.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I was alway told it was so something else don't trip it and cause everything to go bad. Not a code just good practise.

I agree, especially if we're talking about coffee pots on the same circuit as was mentioned earlier. :)

JAP>

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety

I'm sure the guy who wired my kitchen remodel said the very same thing, to himself anyway. As well as for the dedicated circuit I requested for the counter-top microwave. It's what I wanted, it's what he gave me. Perfect free market transaction; "a willing buyer and willing seller".

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
In today's world of NFPA-70E, individual circuits may be more likely to be turned off, without much hassle, so the equipment is not 'worked on while energized'.

newservice

X2- Not required specifically by the NEC, manufacturer (110.3/B/) may say different.

Also required by those who like the warm feeling they get from dedicating a 15 or 20a circuit for something that may draw at most 6 amps.:roll:

I have a customer with a nameplate on their otherwise innocent looking 22ft kenmore frige that says 7.90 AMPS. Together wit the 1350 microwave they are tripping the breaker every now and then. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.