RJ 45 connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

Thanks for the help. Got the tools and connectors, went to try them out today and found that my guys used 16-4 instead of cat6. Place is already rocked so I'll be doing the attic crawl tomorrow. Mondays!:roll:

Your guys pull the wrong cable, and you are going to fix their mistakes?

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Your guys pull the wrong cable, and you are going to fix their mistakes?

Someones got to do it and it is just Al and myself on the job trimming/punching out. When they where wiring this up, I went behind them and checked that the cables were tagged in and out. That 16-4 looks just like cat6 and I didn't catch it then. Doesn't that make it my fault, I'm running the job.

walkerj

Chris, thanks for manning up and taking the blame.
I wish I worked with guys that took the blame instead of blaming it on so-and-so.

If you want something done right, do it yourself:cool:

satcom

Chris, thanks for manning up and taking the blame.
I wish I worked with guys that took the blame instead of blaming it on so-and-so.

If you want something done right, do it yourself:cool:

It is not a blame game, when an employee does something wrong, you have to let them know what it is they did, so they can learn from their mistakes, any employee that feels he is being blamed every time a boss addresses a job problem, is an employee that will never learn, he is too busy thinking about blame rather then learning and adjusting to become a better employee.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Someones got to do it and it is just Al and myself on the job trimming/punching out. When they where wiring this up, I went behind them and checked that the cables were tagged in and out. That 16-4 looks just like cat6 and I didn't catch it then. Doesn't that make it my fault, I'm running the job.

I haven't been on as much lately, but have you posted a picture of Al punching down a data jack with a shovel yet? :)

Sorry to hear about the mispull - I would be chewing some fanny, the guys pulling it should have felt the difference. I don't see a whole lot of gentle tutelage coming from that one. :mad:

chris kennedy

Occupation
Part 5 of these instructions is unclear to me. There is an angled flange on the liner, which way does that face?

cadpoint

Well you could inform the owner you created your own wiring method, just make up a cut sheet!
It's similar just opposite hand. Frame it at the peg board!

If they ring out, they ring out!

What's the big deal only your ears will be ringing later ? :)

jdsmith

Did you get some terminated that worked? Those connectors look like they would be a lot easier on the eyes than the cheap one piece connectors I have always used.

stevenj76

Get a lamp for the forehead, that stuff is hard to see!!!

I like the Test-Um LANROVER. Its good for doing the cable checks after you're done.

chris kennedy

Occupation
Did you get some terminated that worked? Those connectors look like they would be a lot easier on the eyes than the cheap one piece connectors I have always used.

No, just burning up connectors here. Got my son trying it now. And thanks for the link Gordon, much better pictures than those from Ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.