Breaker Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-R

would a single pole breaker non pad lockable lockdog device for a breaker meet the requirements of a breaker lock, when you disconnect means is out of sight?

J-R

The catalog # from cutler hammer is BHLW1 I would have no idea how to post it here though? It say to provide tamper resistant protection? To lock breaker in on or off position

J-R

That is it only they are not able to be padlocked just a metal clip with set screw Ive seen them used before for appliances to be locked in off position but the term locked in off position does that mean needs to be locked with a lock? they do say locked in on or off position? Thanks for your help

templdl

Are you refering to a lock out tag out situation? I would think that a lock out tag out kit would have an acceptable means to attach to a breaker toggle to do so.

cadpoint

There's not enough info to make an exact call, IMO but 430.102 all- for some reason jumps out in my mind, and no it might not be applicable.

J-R

The inspector wants a breaker lock for a sign that is not within sight of breaker
Another question is there is no sign in place yet just a blanked off weatherproof box,I feel the sign company would be required to put a disconnect when there sign is installed and the breaker lock would not needed at this time?

480sparky

The inspector wants a breaker lock for a sign that is not within sight of breaker
Another question is there is no sign in place yet just a blanked off weatherproof box,I feel the sign company would be required to put a disconnect when there sign is installed and the breaker lock would not needed at this time?

Every sign I've ever been involved with has a disconnect built into it.

Jim W in Tampa

Then you do not have anything more than a junction box at this time and does not need a disconnect or breaker lock at this time. Sign company will need to pull permit and have there electrician install a disconnect either in the sign or elsewere.

Cavie

You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.