NEC 110.26 Spaces About Electrical Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdkallas

Hello,

How does NEC 110.26 apply to a 460V electrical panel inside of a chiller unit? The chiller unit includes a main power switch located outside the unit that allows a techician to the power feeding the panel inside the unit.

Thank you,

Mike

mdkallas

I guess this leads to another question. How would a compressor located in front of the panel influence which condition the clearance space falls under? The compressor is obviously grounded, but it doesn't seem to fit the description of "concrete, brick, or tile walls".

Thanks

Carultch

I guess this leads to another question. How would a compressor located in front of the panel influence which condition the clearance space falls under? The compressor is obviously grounded, but it doesn't seem to fit the description of "concrete, brick, or tile walls".

Thanks

If it is any conductive material that isn't intentionally energized, it is condition 2.

kwired

Electron manager
If this is all items within a listed assembly, NEC doesn't apply, whatever the listing standards are applies to when it was manufactured.

Control panel on side of a chiller - anything that is not a part of that chiller in front of the control panel should have 110.26 apply to it though.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If this is all items within a listed assembly, NEC doesn't apply, whatever the listing standards are applies to when it was manufactured.

Control panel on side of a chiller - anything that is not a part of that chiller in front of the control panel should have 110.26 apply to it though.

I agree a package unit does not fall under the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.