certification to improve calculation skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

KundaliniZero

Hi,
I live in southamerica, and certification hera are not hard to get and they are easy. I have read the forum and i have understood that my skill level is low in calculation. I studied six years in electrical engineer and i think my education is not complete, it has too much math but not many electrical courses...but well... I have been working four years and i think i do not have the abilities to calculate fast in a napkin so i need to do something.

i would like to know what kind of certification do you think it can be useful for me, to improve and demostrate stronge skills in calculation, maybe it should good for me to take some certification of other country, just to get basic skills.

what do you think is a important electrical certification for you in your country/state?

Electric-Light

Hi,
I live in southamerica, and certification hera are not hard to get and they are easy. I have read the forum and i have understood that my skill level is low in calculation. I studied six years in electrical engineer and i think my education is not complete, it has too much math but not many electrical courses...but well... I have been working four years and i think i do not have the abilities to calculate fast in a napkin so i need to do something.

i would like to know what kind of certification do you think it can be useful for me, to improve and demostrate stronge skills in calculation, maybe it should good for me to take some certification of other country, just to get basic skills.

what do you think is a important electrical certification for you in your country/state?

Can you describe the general idea of calculations you have in mind? Personally the abilities to calculate by hand is not that important if you know what the calculations do and why it works.

KundaliniZero

Specially short circuit

Computers are able to do whatever so i feel no so good like electrical engineers of the past where they needed to calculate by hand.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Specially short circuit

Computers are able to do whatever so i feel no so good like electrical engineers of the past where they needed to calculate by hand.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk
My personal feeling is that doing the calculation by hand is not a particularly practical skill.
But *knowing how* to calculate manually could lead to a better understanding of the underlying principles and also make you more confident that you are putting the right inputs into the computer program and that you are using it correctly.
Just my opinion....

mobile

Ingenieur

My personal feeling is that doing the calculation by hand is not a particularly practical skill.
But *knowing how* to calculate manually could lead to a better understanding of the underlying principles and also make you more confident that you are putting the right inputs into the computer program and that you are using it correctly.
Just my opinion....

mobile

I agree

although hand calcs are useful for simple systems and 'sanity checks'

imo learning sym components give insight into the mechanics of various fault scenarios
what factors increase/mitigate the magnitude

it is the insight and understanding gained by the derivation of these techniques that are the benefit, not so much the actual numerical result
though that is useful in some instances

Status
Not open for further replies.