Ec work practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo123

When a company has a written electrical safety policy or if they are following 70e policy , how does either policy affect outside electrical contractors doing work at the plant? Do they have to follow either policy with things like ppe , hrc ? Or can they do the work without regards to either policy? Thanks for the help.

mcclary's electrical

When a company has a written electrical safety policy or if they are following 70e policy , how does either policy affect outside electrical contractors doing work at the plant? Do they have to follow either policy with things like ppe , hrc ? Or can they do the work without regards to either policy? Thanks for the help.

MOst plant or production places want the outside contractor to follow the same guidelines as the full time employees

dicklaxt

Most jobs I have been involved with in that scenario had a clause that stated ,,," When more than one policy is in effect,the more stringent shall be adhered to." If the client/owner wants, they can amend in writing as to which policy to follow thus relieving the contractor of all liabilities.

dick

zog

Have you read the 70E section dedicated to this? There is an entire article that covers outside contractors and the rules for bith the contractor and employer.

Also many plants are now requiring proof of 70E training and compliance in writing from the EC before they are allowed to come on site.

jimbo123

I plan on getting the 70e handbook later today from a friend to use over the weekend. Maybe I'll get some answers to a few questions I have . Thanks again for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.