Time Delay for Motor Over Load Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electriman

I am trying to set up motor over load protection relays. I know that we can use 430.32A to select the current settings of motor over load protection relays.
My question is about time delay settings, how can I set them? One method is to run motor starting using ETAP or SKM and find out that but is there any role of thumb to find out the delay time settings?

Thanks,

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I am trying to set up motor over load protection relays. I know that we can use 430.32A to select the current settings of motor over load protection relays.
My question is about time delay settings, how can I set them? One method is to run motor starting using ETAP or SKM and find out that but is there any role of thumb to find out the delay time settings?

Thanks,

Curious, obviously I can't help, but why are you trying to reinvent the wheel?

Electriman

The wheel of motor overload devices. I do a small amount of PLC control and provide current monitoring of motor loads to anticipate problems but the motors all have overloads that have been designed/manufactured by somebody for that specific purpose.

Ok, No I don't have an analog over load device it is a microprocessor based overload protection relay and I have to provide the time settings. Otherwise, I agree with you.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Curious, obviously I can't help, but why are you trying to reinvent the wheel?
It sounds like the OP is using a programmable multifunction relay such those found on MV switchgear. The standard 50/51 functions usually require 'Amp and Time Dial' values along with the cure shape,

Aleman

Most of the ones I have seen are either class 10 or 20 which just means time in seconds. Usually these are set at 10 on the units
we have that can be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.