Indentor type emt connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallfish

Charlie Trout answers in his "Code Question of the Day" forum for July 29, 2010 that he thinks that indentor type emt fittings, coupling and connectors, are more durable than the set-screw type or the compression type. Does anyone out there have a picture of an indentor type?
Thanks

480sparky

Clicking on the link is too much?

Here..... I'll save ya the trouble:

indenter.jpg

macmikeman

I hate to be a bean sprout about this, but while they are hard to separate when you want them to, they seem to almost fall apart when you don't want them to. I run across stub ups out of a finished wall where I move the switch or something and the conduits down inside the wall come loose on me. Now I gotta go fish a new bonding means or else rip up drywall and put a set screw coupling on the thing. I take a peek at the style of fittings and find indenters.

masterinbama

I hate to be a bean sprout about this, but while they are hard to separate when you want them to, they seem to almost fall apart when you don't want them to. I run across stub ups out of a finished wall where I move the switch or something and the conduits down inside the wall come loose on me. Now I gotta go fish a new bonding means or else rip up drywall and put a set screw coupling on the thing. I take a peek at the style of fittings and find indenters.

I run across that with set screw and compression fittings too. It's a matter of whether or not it was made up right in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.