What is the power of an incandescent lamp at 200v 5A?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

What is the power of an incandescent lamp at 200v 5A?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
While the ten minutes was arbitrary, there was a discussion on some forum a while back by somebody about energy metered over an interval period with the load being off part of the time. It should have been clear that that was within the realm of possibilities. :grin:
Oh, okay.

One million dollars to anyone who can tell me how many kwh my house used last year, without contacting my power company.

mivey

My answer related to the original question.
In the subsequent unrelated post about the 4.5kW for 30 minutes, it does mention steady state. One might reasonable construe that as being steady state for the 30 minutes. Otherwise, it is a meaningless question.

That was my point.

And that was the relevant point:

... and then claim that the answer is not accurate because the values you have provided may not be appropriate for the problem at hand.???
If you intended to pose a problem involving a circuit, would you not provide values suitable for that circuit?

If it does not compute, it is because you have provided inaccurate information.... and it's supposed to be some sort of riddle or something because it was answered using values you provided?

Besoeker

While the ten minutes was arbitrary, there was a discussion on some forum a while back by somebody about energy metered over an interval period with the load being off part of the time. It should have been clear that that was within the realm of possibilities. :grin:
Appears to conflict with it being steady state.

iwire

Staff member
OK Mivey can you guess my KWH?

Oil heat, electric range, dryer, AC, small single family home. Two preteens that leave stuff on. :grin:

ronaldrc

I'll go with Roger and Larry since we don't know the resistance coeifficient which is usually positive and from my experience well 200 volts x 5 amps. still equals 1Kw.

It might be extra bright or dim but ------ Power = Volts x Amps

I go with A :)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I think they should make electric meters that read out directly in dollars, real-time and cumulatively, with an indoor remote display.

Nah, they'd never do it. It would be like having a clock in a bar.

gar

Occupation
EE
100806-0715 EST

Besoeker:

In our case the power company owns the gas company. There previously were two different companies Detroit Edison and Michigan Consolidated Gas Co., then Detroit Edison bought Michcon and now the company is DTE Energy. On the western side of the state Consumers Power is both electric and gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.