Sand Gas Line to bare metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... The CSST people took an end run and got rules in NFPA 54 to require that bonding, but not sure how many places actually adopt 54 as an enforceable document.
But it's enforceable if the instructions say it has to be bonded other than by the connected electrical equipment, right?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
But it's enforceable if the instructions say it has to be bonded other than by the connected electrical equipment, right?
Not enforceable under the NEC and not required of the EC.

The responsibility is on the contractor who installed the product. If that contractor wants to pay me to do it, fine.

kwired

Electron manager
It is here. For several years now, every new service installed, and every service upgrade done has to have an intersystem bonding connector.
That is not bonding the phone, satellite, etc. that is leaving a designated location for those installers to make their connection to the electrical system grounding network.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
And in my experience cable installers do whatever they are told which does not include connecting to any IBC.

I have two drops on my house. One is connected to a ground strap on the conduit above the meter pan. The other ground block, mounted right below the first got connected to the GEC going to the ground rods. When I asked the cable guy why didn't he just loop one ground from one ground block to the other, he said there is a reason he does things that way. Ok then...

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.