Has anybody seen these yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Didn't know Dewalt was making these....

I do like my 12v Li-Ion Milwaukee 1/4" hex drill driver, a kit is on sale for about $65 at our local Platt. That's way under the $139 sticker price for the Dewalt on your list.

I don't care for the Milwaukee 12v impact though, it's way to noisy and takes too long to run screws in compared to my 18v Dewalt. Maybe Dewalt's 12v is different?

Split Bolt

Nice! I know I'm going to start a lot of bashing with this statement, but read my reasoning BEFORE you judge me!

I use Ryobi.

Yes, it's crap! But it has many advantages. I've owned Skil, Makita, Milwaukee and others I don't remember over the years. I get criticized all the time, but I always have an evolving set of tools. My friends that swear by DeWalt's guarantee tell me how they can just send it in for free repairs. My question is what do you use for the 6-8 weeks while you are waiting? Ryobi is cheap and they have what they call the ONE+ system. This means you can separately buy whatever you need, without buying a new set. If I drop my reciprocating saw off of a ladder, I can throw it in the trash can, run to the nearest orange box, and pay $49.77 plus tax for a brand new replacement! No charger, no batteries, just the saw. Their tools get the job done admirably. I've done this many times over the years, which is why my set is constantly evolving. If anybody else uses Ryobi, here is one thing that I discovered. Don't get the new lithium batteries. They last longer & charge faster, but when they die, they go from full to dead with no warning! I've been in attics when the flashlight or drill just dies. No fun! The regular batteries slowly get weaker so you know where you stand. When they are hot they won't charge. I ask the homeowner if I can stick my batteries in their freezer for a while so it will charge. ;)

TOOL_5150

I often find the 18v dewalt drill doesnt have enough power. No way I would go down in voltage. I have actually been thinking up going to 36V drill, and keeping everything else as it is.

~Matt

I often find the 18v dewalt drill doesnt have enough power. No way I would go down in voltage. I have actually been thinking up going to 36V drill, and keeping everything else as it is.

~Matt

I not so much interested in the drill, I like the IR thermometer, the inspection camera and compact impact wrench. My 18 volt stuff is crying for some little brothers and sisters.

sidedoor.jpg

In ohio, I find the way to beat "trunk slammers: is

A: A professional looking estimate/contract
B: A good looking rig, inside & out
C: A license and insurance might come in handy

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I used DeWalt 24v stuff in the past, and now use their 36v stuff. I have the hammer-drill, recip saw, circular saw, angle grinder, and flashlight.

They're all as strong as corded tools are, and I've been happy with the useful between-charge life. I wouldn't go down in voltage for any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.