materials at exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to take the masters exam for md in the next couple of months. I was on psi exams website and it lists reference materials as if they could be taken into the exam. They included the code book,ohms law,electrical theory and mathematics, and local code decisions. I knew I could take the code book but I didn't think you could take any other books or notes. Has anyone taken the test and used other materials?

ZZDoug

in ohio they let me a ugly book.

Wow, that seems like cheating, there is a lot of stuff in that little book. Sometimes I wonder if these places that allow stuff like that, maybe they make the exam a little tougher to compensate. I dunno. I remember back in the day, when Texas had local licensing, for the Houston masters exam you could bring anything, printed or hand written, anything. You could bring a suitcase full of anything, but it was so hard only a few percent were able to pass it.

cadpoint

Why aren?t you reading up on your State Licensing Board - web site about your test?

The PSI site like any web site is as only good as its last edit of the web page and they might or might not be up on all 50 states. PSI information might be out of date or totally amiss.

NC only allows the active code book? a simple calculator - non programmer, & pencils, they supply paper and the computer to take the test ?

Good Luck, BTW...

Smart $

Esteemed Member
in ohio they let me a ugly book.
Not for an Ohio master electrician license.

AFAIK there is no state electrical licensing other than for Electrical Contractor. If you weren't taking the contractor's exam, you may have been taking the electrical part (minus the calculations section) for local jurisdiction journeyman electrician licensing.

I don't know of any, but is there any local jurisdiction's in Ohio which have a master electrician license?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
In Colorado we couldn't bring anything in. They supplied the code book.

Cadpoint, unless things have changed, NC is the same as cdengineer says Colorado is, you are handed a code book, calculator, pencil, and scratch paper when you enter the exam room and all of these must be left when you leave.

Roger

cadpoint

LOL, I know what's waiting for me, sorry for the bad presentation, from the NC state board page... "Code books, calculators and all other necessities will be provided at the site." :D

txjrnymn

I just took the texas j-man test in fort worth and they only let me take a code book and calculator. paper, pencil and ear plugs provided. I had to white out all hand written notes before I could go in to take the test.

RyanA

When I took my journeyman's test, Wyoming allowed a code book, one other reference such as an Ugly's, and a calculator.

I think that they still allow the Ugly's but the calculator has to be a non programmable one and can't do anything but add subtract multiply and divide.

Status
Not open for further replies.