outdoor hot tub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys have a hot tub I am wiring ,here is the issue ,the home owner ended up spining it around so now the access panel is on the opposite side of the house,which screws me as far as wiring .His reasoning is he wants one of the seats to be facing a certain part in the yard.So my question is can I LB into the side of the tub then change over to liquid tight,and run it inside the walls of the tub, and then there i will terminate to the tubs control board.The whole side wall of the tub is just a hollow cavity ,I asked the manufacturer about this and they said it is done all the time but cant provide me anything in writing ,nor is there anything in the installation manual to back this up with my inspector.

Yes i am aware of the 6 foot rule, where my lb would be the liquid tight would satisfy that requirement,but what my question was is it leagal to have the LQ with in the dead space of that tub

SEO

Liquidtight flexible metal conduit and flexible nonmetallic conduit are listed wiring methods. If you follow the requirements of article 350 or article 356 whichever one is applicable along with the listing requirements of the spa and section 680.42 you should have a code complient installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.