Wiring for older in ground pool pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamessmith47

Can some one please help with code. Older in ground pool. I have lost all power at my timer. I think my problem was the breaker tabs were so loose they would not get tight on my bus bars which in turn caused my wire to get hot and break. I know this because i disconnected them from the breaker and checked continuity but nothing. To get to the point I am running new wire. Going to be about a 100' run. Going to use 3/4" pvc grey conduit from main breaker panel and bury it. I know I have to go 18" deep. I'm going to install a GFI breaker also. My question is can I use 12 gauge THHN wire to make that run or do I have to use 12/3 UF wire. Can someone please help

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.