Any certificates in automation, instrumention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarek

HI ALL

Im new memeber here,i jave bechlor degree in automation and control, and i have cisco certificat ccna routing and swotching

Please i want to know if there any certification in my field that have a value internationnaly and worth time and money like cisco (but this have only in IT field)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
you could in theory get one of the certificates the ISA sells. whether it is worth anything is something else. if you want to fool the HR guy into getting an interview it might be worthwhile although somewhat pricey. I don't know if all that many people in the industry care.

An EIT certificate and later a PE license might well do you some good though. hard to know if the school you went to would qualify though.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Im very intersting in isa, please can you tell what i should do now

Thanks for your time

https://www.isa.org/training-and-certification/

This is a link to the ISA training and certification classes.

I would point out I am not recommending them or suggesting they might be useful to you in some way.

A lot of the classes can be done online or by some other self study method, while some are taught in person.

I would suggest talking with your employer and seeing what they are willing to pay for. That will give you some idea as to what they consider useful.

Just a note from me. I am fairly skeptical of the actual value of many of these classes and certificates. However, if your company is willing to pay for you to take them, it suggests your company considers them worthwhile and that means they may well be worth taking in your situation.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The Rockwell Automation classes are excellent, they run $600 a day but are all hands on.
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/products/training/overview.page
You'll need to determine what products to get training on, IE PLCs, HMI, VFDs.
Also getting the training with our being able to use it means you will loose what you learned.

You'll need to get started somewhere to get experience. Degree is ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.