Violation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

Along with the violation for the panel. The poco should/could/can disconnect for the height of the meter. Our poco's requirement for the meter height is min. 3ft6in max 5ft 6in from finished grade.

Code According to ME

Code According to ME

Article 901 Exceptions to the NEC for Good Reasons

901.4 Reason #1.
When a general contractor, electrical contractor, or homeowner installs electrical work that defies reason, permission is granted to give a hearty laugh and walk away from the site.

exception: If this said customer pisses you off while trying to figure out what he has done, throw the book at him (literally).

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Article 901 Exceptions to the NEC for Good Reasons

901.4 Reason #1.
When a general contractor, electrical contractor, or homeowner installs electrical work that defies reason, permission is granted to give a hearty laugh and walk away from the site.

exception: If this said customer pisses you off while trying to figure out what he has done, throw the book at him (literally).

Pierre, that is going on my wall. :grin:

kwired

Electron manager
... The poco should/could/can disconnect for the height of the meter. Our poco's requirement for the meter height is min. 3ft6in max 5ft 6in from finished grade.

Which it probably still meets, what is their rule for finished floors?:)

Raise it to 3-6 above the deck and it is now more than 5-6 above grade, guess it needs completely relocated, wait that is what most of us think should be done anyway:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.