Internal Threaded Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupation
Inspector
I'm looking to see if anyone could point me in the right direction for a 1/2" SS connector that has internal threads.

I have a length of EMT I need to extend about 5" to a fixed panel. There is no "flex" in the EMT so I would like to cut a piece of EMT and slide it in place. If I had a connector the has the threads internal I could use something like a chase nipple to secure the EMT from inside the panel.

Not sure if I'm explaining what I'm looking for very well but I hope someone can figure it out. :?:?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I'm looking to see if anyone could point me in the right direction for a 1/2" SS connector that has internal threads.

I have a length of EMT I need to extend about 5" to a fixed panel. There is no "flex" in the EMT so I would like to cut a piece of EMT and slide it in place. If I had a connector the has the threads internal I could use something like a chase nipple to secure the EMT from inside the panel.

Not sure if I'm explaining what I'm looking for very well but I hope someone can figure it out. :?:?

You need an EMT 2 piece connector.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer

How about using a compression fitting instead?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We would use a slip coupling.

[
12652655-bridgeports-mighty-align-emt-slip-couplings-save-time-for-contractors.jpg

tkb

I think this is what you are describing.

http://www.cooperindustries175.com/...urces/pdfs/literature/spacesaver-brochure.pdf

http://www.cooperindustries175.com/...ver_ssbcseriessetscrewemtconduitfittings.html

Attachments

• cch_cp_emt_ssbc_spacesaver_220.jpg
    cch_cp_emt_ssbc_spacesaver_220.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0

kwired

Electron manager
My bet is on the 2 piece connector being the easiest to find in stock somewhere.

I have a few used ones I kept because they seemed like they would be convenient on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.